Wednesday 4 February 2015

Week 3


I reverted back to my earlier drawings of brain coral to make my own shadows. The concept that shadows can be a temporary form of imagery, made me create silhouettes influence by my coral drawings. I am interested in the distorted lines and shapes that drawing with lights and shadows create.

I elaborated on this further and created layers of the negative shapes along with the positive shapes in PhotoShop. These images have delicate momental affects to them as the seem although the shapes in them are scattering and merging away. I like the way that the imagery shifts from being in focus to being blurred and out of focus. This could be my starting point for when I start sampling.


This garment sample I found on the WGSN website gives thew affect of the sample distorting away but the combination of loop holes and hooking up. the loop holes create shadows through there 3D nature. I am interested in the way that the garment hangs because of the techniques used. I think that although all the yarn qualities are medium to heavy it has a delicate lookout it. This could be because the darker tones make those areas look denser. 

No comments:

Post a Comment