Monday 2 February 2015

week 1 'In the moment'



I have been looking at brain coral for some inspiration on how natural objects can seem both permanent and temporary. The coral has parts of almost transparent delicate textures which I think relates to my concept of 'In the moment'. To represent the layers of the coral, I used different medias to make a strata of weights of marks and weight qualities. 

I looked at Mondrian's tree drawings for inspiration on drawing structures that contain both weighty and delicate structural marks. I am interested in the distorted lines within the drawings because they create a depth to the painting. This style of drawings translates the qualities of layers and marks that I feel are reflective of the delicate qualities I want to show.




Mono printing is another way of creating layers that don't transfer very solidly. These combinations of soild colour layered with specelled markes make the image seem asthough it its self is fading away. I need to refine the colour palette in these drawings as they are not resembling any of the qualities that the subject has. I think that the colours could still be used but in a much smaller preportion to the nuetral colours.

No comments:

Post a Comment