Tuesday 3 February 2015

week 2

I used pinterest as a way of mind mapping the portention ways that I could represent my concept of things that last for a moment. Cellular imagery of bubbles made me consider different ways of recording the existence of the bubble structure. I didn't successfully draw with the large  paint bubbles that I created however I did record collections of small grouped bubbles. In PhotoShop I edited the imagery I'd captured from the bubbles and repeated and reflected the focus point of the bubble formation. 


Pinterest inspiration.

When I edited this image I considered how I could make the bubbles seem both structural and temporary. I felt that the small preportion of dark would brighten the lighter tones to give a more delicate effect. however from the colour forecasting research I have looked at for Spring 15, the colours are more tonal neutrals. This imagery still is a good source for knitting techniques, I think lace holes and ladders would translate it best.

My PhotoShop edits
This fashion image shows another way of reflecting my concept because the combination of dense enlarged knitting with the open lace holes resemble the bulked up areas of the bubble formations.

Pinterest fashion image


as another way of collecting imagery from the bubbles existence I took photographs of the shadows that they cast. I was able to manipulate the scale of the shadows. The layers of the formations are clean and clear. I am also interested in the fragments of lights that create small moments of contrasting colours in these photographs.


bubble shadows


No comments:

Post a Comment