Sunday 22 February 2015

Evaluation

Through this unit I have had to manage my time carefully so that I could complete both projects ready for the deadlines. I found it stimulating completing two projects at the same time because I did contrasting projects, however I found that the concepts and techniques I used progressed and adapted between the two briefs. I split my time in a way that I gave priority to my ‘branding’ brief for initial knitting time and focused on both sketch books through out. I think that this management worked successfully for me because I like to be devoted to the sampling as though is a mind map of ideas.

The branding brief gave me the perimeters of styles to design the samples. I was very focused on the brand identity and style so my research directly informed my knitting because I adapted design ideas that the brand had already done but I was able to adjust the design in my own creative way.
I found that the time limit on the ‘Branding’ brief made the project fast paced so I needed to be critically selective over which ideas and visual research I’d unpick my yarn ideas and knitting compositions from. This was because I wanted my samples to work well as a collection. I didn’t have a lot of time to make a collection of development sample. My limited colour palette made me focus on the knitting skills I used. I found that the charcoal a pen drawing informed the yarn qualities that I selected, because of this I think there is a clear correlation between the visual research and the knit samples.







My ‘In the moment’ brief focused on creating edges and combining different weights of yarn to manipulate the way that the garments hung. The designers research I based my samples on were predominantly not knitwear. I wanted my collection to be a response to the colour and structure trends of garments on the catwalk for Spring 15.  I think that my samples have reflected the concept of 'In the moment' by the combinations of techniques used in each sample. I think that all of the samples have an effect of temporariness through the choices of yarns I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment