Sunday 22 February 2015

McQueen Suptersition Lacey Qualities

I want the effect of my pen scribbly line contrasted with charcoal drawings to be interpreted in the sampling. When I started knitting I wanted to use techniques that made the fabric denser so that I could contrast it with a lace hole row or a stitch that would open up the knitting so that it has a tight then lose effect. I found that a tuck punch card with lace holes gave that structure.
 
From looking at the spring/summer 15 collection by Alexander McQueen, I found that i liked the affect of the lace pannels in the dress show above. The elongated stitch with the mohair yarn gave a very hairy bouniant texture that I had wanted to achieve in relation to the Magpie imagery I had found. I think this sample would make interesting shoulder pannels in a garment. To improve this sample I would inclued more variations of the size of the elongated stich bumps. I would keep th edesign symetrical and formulatic though to stay in keeping with the brand.
 
 
 

These designs by Alexander McQueen have very lacey yet structural qualities.I wanted to create some sample that had the scribbly textures of my drawings. I think this was achieved by using a variable yarn that I used in an elongated stitch. I also hooked up singular stiches to give the plain knit a surface texture. My colour palette is so limited that it needs lots of variety in texture to give the affect of different tones.


No comments:

Post a Comment