Monday 9 February 2015

Week 8

My collection of samples were starting to look to beige. I needed to introduce some colour into them to freshen the tones and add diversity to the collection. I looked back at the bubble shadow imagery for colour inspiration and decided to introduce the blue tone as discreetly as it appears in the imagery. This sample could be improved by shifting the yarn tones behind the floats to make the knitting look 3D. This would give the sample a buoyant affect to the bottom.



This Sample has the movement affect the PhotoShop edited imagery has. I varied the yarn weight to make the structure seem although it is fading away. The blue tone contrasts the darker yarn, this gives the sample a clearer transitional fade up the sample. I would have bee able to achieve this affect if I had stayed with the all beige colour palette.

As a way to contrast all of the samples in the collection, I knitted this sample using the colour that I had only previously used in some amounts. The collection is all very similar so 'i feel it needed a contrasting piece to freshen the palette of the collection. The fine yarn on the chunky machine gives the affect that the bubble clusters did. With more time I would have experimented with transfering and manipulating the same yarn between the domestic knitting machine and the chunky. I would be interested to see how the fabric would hang using those ideas.

ChiaShan Lee's knitwear has the edge quailites that I have being focusing on. The structure of the 
knitting is replicated through the garment but through different techniques. The way the garment
appears makes the knitting is collapsing between the two denser parts of the garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment