Saturday 7 February 2015

week 5 Colour palette

I had selected a colour palette from the wgsn website that was intended for autumn winter 16/17 for women’s wear. However from looking at my visual research and concept I have decided that neutral colours are more appropriate. The couture fashion collections I have taken inspiration from have a very minimal colour palette. I have referred back to my photoshoped images and picked out some key colours and tones that I will later create yarn wrappings from.



From looking at the designer’s research at pitti, I realise the importance of clarifying the research that is informing the knit sampling. I need to select a few key images from my visual research that can inform my colour palette, yarn qualities and techniques. This will make me research areas of the concept in depth rather than just creating a range of imagery on the surface that doesn’t relevantly connect.


William Scott



I like the dry, matt finish to William Scott's shadow paintings, I have taken inspiration from the simplicity of the composition. The organic negative shapes would translate well into partial knit loops.



I selected my colour palette based on my emulsion paint paintings. I selected matt yarns and mohair to make a blurred distortion at the bottom of the sample. I used tonal shifts in the yarn to give the effect of shadows on the knitted loops to elaborate on the 3D effect. To improve this sample I could vary the scale of the loops and introduce a line of contrasting colour to freshen the beige.  

No comments:

Post a Comment