Sunday 22 February 2015

McQueen Superstition research

For the live brief I am going to create a range of samples for Alexander Mcqueen’s AW 15 women’s wear collection.

From looking into the concepts of previous mcqueen collections. I decided to base my collection on magpies and the superstitions and stigmas behind them. From the research on mcqueen a collection I wanted to consider symmetry in the houses designs. I interpreted this I'm My drawings through the use of reflection repeat drawings however I wanted to contrast the drawings with different weights of mark making.


I found this image of a magpie on Pinterest. I am interested in the composition and pose of the magpie in the image. I feel that the contrast of smooth and ruffled link well to Mcqueen's couture collection for A/W 15. I want to create a range of samples that capture the affect of that magpie image. I am interested in the way that Mcqueen haut couture garments often have a more accentuated larger texture at the bottom of the deigns. I want to translate that fashion house style into the samples I create, with this image as my main source of information.

Buoyant and light, while still maintaining a strong sense of structure, ethereal and ghostly’. vogue. This description of the A/W 14 I feel is a design trait I should inhabit for my collection of samples. 

 

I repeated my drawing of a magpie to explore possinle knit techniques and texture I could use. the drawing had light and dense shifts throughout it with I felt would translate well into textured yarns with a heavy tuck combined with lace holes. To improve this sample I feel it would give a more contrasted affect if there was a few links of a metalic blue that would resemble the texture quaulities of a magpies wing feather.

No comments:

Post a Comment