Saturday 7 February 2015

Pitti week 4

This week I visited Pitti fiati in Florence, Italy. The show was particularly interesting because it gave me the chance to refresh my knitting technique ideas. I spent a lot of time focusing on the way the knit samples had been composed and looked at the yarns they had used to create the techniques. From the photographs I collected I made a selection of techniques that I feel are appropriate to my project. I made mini technical samples for my sketchbook so that when I design my samples I can decide what proportion of the technique I want to use and what other techniques I might combine it with.




Chanel’s spring summer 2015 collection has an interesting use of lace like shape fabric with a similar affect of the ladder knitted shapes I have knitted this week. To push this affect to be more fitting to my concept and visual research I could use a darker shade of yarn and a bigger version of the same shape to give a more obvious representation of cast shadows.
This sample reflects my concept well because of its delicate qualities although I think it needs contrast and variation in both colour and the sizes of the ladder shapes. The bottom of the sample would make a good edge to a garment. 


This sample correlates well with the bubble formations and structures through its subtle change in hole sizes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment