Sunday 8 February 2015

week 6

From looking at couture spring summer 2015 collections from various designers I have considered ways of creating a delicate affect in my knitting in order to translate the concept of ‘In the moment’. Alexis Mabille’s collection made me consider the uses of contrasting textures that has an interrupting moment of pattern through it. This would be relative to shadows because shadows place them selves on a surface and can change the texture and affect of the surface for a moment.
This affect could be achieved in knit through techniques such as fairilse, where the yarn quality varies from a light mercerized cotton to a heavier textured yarn. Or a plain knit in a light weight yarn with a moment of a denser technique like tuck or hooking up.


I looked at how Pringle of Scotland had interpreted the Spring/ summer 15 trends into knitwear. It appears that the garment has been knitted on loosers and tighter tensions which has given a subtle transparency on the yarment. The variable transparency could give a layered affect which would relate to the visual research I have done.

In this sample I have combined a cotton with a chenile yarn. I enlongated the stitches with the chenile and made cross over lace holes with the yarn to give the structural affect that the small bubble formations have. I am pleased with the e


No comments:

Post a Comment