Tuesday 4 February 2014

Mood board

I sorted through my work to find compositions that had worked well, had interesting texture in the drawings and general colours that feature through out my early pieces of work. I did this to create a mood board to give my work a base that could be uniform throughout. I am still interested in the form of fonts and composition in advertising. The match boxes are still a prominent feature because I am interested in the shapes are compositions in the old logos that are on them.




The Mood Board


Max Kläger 
Letters Type and Pictures, Teaching alphabets through art.

This book was a good source of inspiration because a lot of the artists use lettering as shapes for interesting compositional motifs. Positive and negative shapes are also created though the letters being over laid. This also creates texture through the different tones being created. 












No comments:

Post a Comment