Monday 10 February 2014

The Beginning of Weave


By starting weave I have started to question how to relate my samples to my drawings and draw to influence my weave samples. I have selected a range of yarns that link to my mood board colour swatches. The colours look autumnal together which doesn't relate to my vibrant drawings. I have sampled some different shades of green to make the samples brighter. I found that the chenille yarn gives a good affect because of the way it fibres all reflect the light differently that gives the weave another depth.


.

Levi's Series

A series of weaving commissioned by Levi's. Woven with denim scraps from the Levi's San Francisco tailor shop.
Denim and cotton yarn on copper rods.
Handwoven in Los Angeles. Brook & Lyn

Brook & Lyn's woven textiles are visually pleasing because of the way the compositions divide the space with shape and block colour. I am intrigued by the texture in their work, so i have developed my samples with some textured floats to make the block of colour and the weave three dimensional. 
My weave
My textured weave


No comments:

Post a Comment