Monday 10 February 2014

The importance of yarn wrappings

I have muted my colour palette this week because I have revisited some of my older yarn wrappings. The wrapping are more tonal that colourful. I have done this because I have zoomed in on small areas of my drawings that have texture that can relate to yarn textures. I have found that creating  yarn wrappings has improved my work because I have considered proportions of colour that I can directly transfer to my weave samples.
 Margo Selby's work inspires me because of her colour choices are complementary and are limited in the palette. Her work is tonal which I feel my work has become, as my palette was to contrasting. I found that cropping my images of my drawings helped me to focus on the shapes and movement in the drawing and painterly marks I made.


No comments:

Post a Comment