Wednesday 5 February 2014

Learning to Listen and general good practice

listening is something I that I think people over estimate how capable they are at doing it. I wasn't until my lecture with Kate Egan that I considered where I do listen properly. Listening is to hear interpret and remember, which I sometimes struggle with. In Kate's lecture she made us bring paper and a needle and thread to doodle with. I found that the passive use of my hands enabled me to interpret the information Kate gave better. I have found it useful to know that creating something when you are listening to information helps me to fully concentrate.

I also learned that having an area that is dedicated to things that you find inspiring helps me to visually communicate to my self when I am work. I can also mentally evaluate designs to help me create more.


No comments:

Post a Comment