Monday 10 February 2014

My first week in Knit.

Before I started my Knit induction I had had a lecture with the knitter: Clair Anne Obrien. I was impressed with her contemporary use of knit in interior design collections. I am pleased to have seen her work prior to starting knit as I can see knit can go into many dimensions and categories. Claire's work is very chunky and structural. I liked her anecdote about how she didn't want to be working commercially for clothing brands so for her task at university where she was make a jumper she created one for a chair. It is that 'out of the box' way of thinking that captured my attention in her lecture.
I am excited to be learning to knit because it fascinates me the shapes and patterns that are created in the form of the structure of knit. I knitted a long yarn that I then hand knitted with my chunky 20mm needles this week. I feel that the chunkiness of the knitted yarn help to emphasise the structure.



No comments:

Post a Comment