Wednesday 19 February 2014

Architectural influences

Ricardo Bofill's architecture is an interesting visual source for knitting because of the proportions of darker colours mixed with vibrant stand out colours. The photography of his work is contrasted to emphasise the geometric nature of the buildings structure. The graphical shapes have influenced my knitting patterns. I have introduced moderately different tone with 'e' wraps on my knitting to introduce the geometric shapes in the knit pattern. 
close ups of my ink composition drawings have helped me to keep the relation between my drawing visual research. I have found it useful to keep my sketch book close to me when I am creating patterns because that was the work I have already created can influence my samples.





No comments:

Post a Comment