Monday 27 January 2014

Ink and bleach


This week I have explored using procein dye ink and bleach to draw with. I found that this encouraged me to move away from monochrome. I found that looking at Barbara Rae's work helped me to work more freely with colour to create lively and vibrant work. I wanted to make the block colour work as a composition that related to the motif of 'text'. 

To edit and select the way formatted the composition I zoomed In on letters to abstract them. I did this by bleaching out areas on the ink. This distorted the ink and made the colour fade to a more vibrant acidy version of the colour it was before. This portrays my theme of how we are influenced by advertising and media. The abstraction of the letters reflects that you don't see advertisement for it real motive. 

My visual research then needed to be portrayed through my choices of yarns to weave with. I did yarn wrappings to visualise the textures of the yarn when combined in a block. This also helped me to proportion my work into composition ideas. 

Kilberry Barbara Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment