Wednesday 15 January 2014

Exploring Data

For my project I want to explore 'Data' in terns of advertisement as it is something we are bombarded with constantly. I found that old match boxes with advertisements on my visually pleasing as the images on them are of a muted pallet, which is a way I like to use colour. I developed the match box advertisements and created my own match boxes. I think that little boxes are an interesting way of representing data because in this case the box it's self is the data rather than holding it.
Old match boxes


Sir Peter Blake
Peter Blake's work is bases on popular culture which is why his work fits well to the data theme. It supports the theme because of the way he has cropped well know advertisements. The way they have been cropped supports my theme that we are so bombared by the media advertisement that we often only need a snippet of colour or font and we are contextually aware of the brand that it depicts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment