Sunday 23 November 2014

Week Seven

I re looked over Barbara Rae's paintings because of the way some of her painting have a colourful wash over parts of them that reveal areas of the painting from beneath the wash. I wanted the translucent layered effect to be resembled into my knitting. 

I evaluated my collection of final samples and realised that they were all predominantly dark. I felt that the collection needed more diversity so I designed one to completely contrast the rest of the collection. I combined a heavier vibrant green yarn with a much lighter yarn in a navy blue. By using my punchcard the sample gave a very linear composition a like the Zaha Hadid inspired drawing I drew. It also has a transparent layered affect that also complemented my concept of distorted patterns. 

I decided to incorporate some of the much heavier yarns in with the lighter lace style knitting I had created. The combination of the punchcard and chenille yarns gave a very distorted look which contrasted the more graphic look of the crisper yarns. 







No comments:

Post a Comment