Wednesday 13 May 2015

Fashion Drawing

Today I did my first fashion drawing sessions. I was interested to know the importance of a muse to create the designs. A muse reflects and represents what your collection is about. As a group we are working from imagery of John kale when he was younger. We needed to capture the Raw ruggedness of John Kale's face and neck so that I could reflect a manly edginess connotation to the designs. I found that drawing his mug shot as a group was helpful because our drawing interpretations of his face were contrasting. I felt that we loosened up our drawing style and complimented elements of each interpretation and created more variations based on one another's work. 
I would be interested in working together as a group on the design work so that we can use each other's strengths to create more interesting designs. I know that I have a graphic drawing style which I think would work well in combination to Marie's looser more washy drawing style. Because it would add depth and contrast to the designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment