Wednesday 13 May 2015

Bondage

In the fashion drawing work shop it became evident that our group research was fragmented between punk, hip hop and John Kale. This made it difficult to work independently to sketch initial fashion drawings down because our source of visual information was weak. I found that collage isn't an easy way for me to get design ideas down at this stage. To improve that I feel I need to collect images of male poses from advertisements in magazines. I feel that this could help with the Mes en scene of the design collection. 
I researched more into the clients style of James Long because the designs have to be credible to his brand. I focused on the knitwear designs and noticed they are fitted tightly to the torso.


James Long's knitwear




 The patterns usually look patchworked together, which is another feature I would like to incorporate into the designs. I decided to look into the male bondage side of punk that I could pull away shape inspiration and silhouettes that could be relevant to James longs patchwork style without being to crudely obvious to the bondage design. 

No comments:

Post a Comment