Tuesday 19 May 2015

Final line up

I have chosen five staple items of clothing to base my fashion illustration collection on. I wanted to mix tightly fitted clothing with baggy, bulky items. I aimed to make the collection to look credible as part of the James long brand, so I limited my fabrics down because his existing collections are matching and of a limited palette. 
I chose the knitted sample that is gridded based on track lengths of The Sex Pistols album 'Never Mind the Bollocks', creating a musical reference in the collection, because the punk movement was heavily expressed through music. 
I also wanted a reference to the group work in the line up. I have chosen the baseball stitch themed knitwear to be incorporated into the collection because it refers back to the initial research about the Baseball masks that John Cale used to wear. This was done because it was a relation to the punk movement and the controversy that it caused on stage when John Cale wore that mask.
I am pleased with the line up as I feel that I have achieved a collection that has incorporated the genre of punk without being to generic. I feel the collection is credible to the James Long brand however I feel that the Collection as a whole is a little more vibrant that they would usually be. The collection embraces the combination of tight silhouettes with looser baggier shapes that I needed in the collection to so that the theme of baseball and stereotypical punk wear was referenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment