Tuesday 28 April 2015

Experimenation

The perforated ribbon James Long sample inspired me because because it is an innovated way of creating a fabric surface that looks up market and expensive. I wanted to create a knitted that leather response to that fabric. through experimentation I decided it would be more successful to not occupy each lace hole with leather or ribbon because I didn't want to detract to much from the knitwear's bendable qualities because the fabric would not be wearable if it was to heavy.

I combined the traditional lace hole knitting with leather because punk's would often adapt traditional things in a controversial way. I adapted this knit with leather to introduce a reference to bondage with the neon yellow because the colour battles and rebels against both fabrics in most ways possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment