Tuesday 28 April 2015

Stand Work


I started to analyse James longs jumpers to base some of the brands popular jumper silhouettes into the collection of that I was being sensitive to the brand's market. I'm also aware that he collection is for menswear so I want add a modern black base that the knit samples can be embedded into and the yarn qualities can rebel against perforated and scuba fabrics. I collaged my album cover designs over the jumpers. This was a way of experimenting with the placement of where the knitwear will go.


I feel that the knit samples on the stand look dated when they dominate the stand. The colour combinations have a grossness to them that I feel captures the essence of punk, however I feel that the knit would benefit from a black background because it would lift the vibrancy of the colours that was lost because of the combinations of only vivid colours, particularly the pink and green mohair combination.



No comments:

Post a Comment