Monday 11 November 2013

My Rules



For this task I drew my favourite chance card drawing from memory. I then made up my own Chance card rule which was to photocopy my drawing and then revert it into positive and negative space. I choose to do this so that I could focus on the shapes with in my drawing. From these images I created ten samples.


With this sample I filled in the negative space with 'Ladder stitch' in a crinkled thread. I like the quality of mark and shape that this thread gives.
I feel that this sample is less narrative of the draw but focuses more on shape and composition.

I found that the positive and negative shape worked well in conjunction with each other. I experimented
with rotating the the positive shapes over the negative composition. I feel that this helps to loose the idea of the drawing and makes it read better as shapes.





I am starting to really like the effects of the french knot especially when its populating an area. I like the knots over the top of light materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment