Thursday 14 November 2013

Machine Couching.

 This week has been my first week of doing machine embroidery. I have really enjoyed the uniform cleanliness the machine give, (when things are going according to plan). I was conscious that my designs would be less thoughtful due to the speed of the machines so I have carried on with my shape deigns.
I feel that I have learnt a lot about sewing machine stitches and the tensions. Machine couching has interested me and helped to move my work forward in a new direction. I focused on one of my later hand stitch compositions and have translated that into a pattern of negative space.
I was given some regular patterned material with the task of creating a new pattern with stitch over the top. I feel that my hand print does not combine well with ready patterned material as becomes to busy. By using a plain piece of material I am able to create my own patterns.






No comments:

Post a Comment