Monday 11 November 2013

Inspiration

Louise Nevelson

I looked at Louise's work because I am interested in her uses of composition or repeated themed shapes and the mechanical nature of the work. Her work has made me consider narrowing my shapes down to the minimal. Another thing that interests me in her work is her limited colour palette. 
http://www.louisenevelsonfoundation.org/exhibitions.php

My actions after the influence of Louise's work:

I have limited my self to white on white material with dark detail. I started by using felt as I knew it would stand up raised clearly when it was layered. Another positive point about felt is that when its cut into shapes it doesn't fray. Negative points are that it doesn't have any coloured fibres in it. 

I am however pleased with the shape and composition I have used. I decided to combine hand stitch with Cornely. I found that the medium change was a good stitch to make the effect of a zoomed in look of the crinkled ladder stitch. 



1 comment: